Do You Post In Other Forums ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug

Nov 15, 2011
northern Michigan
I don't mean to pry into any spacifics, but knowing what type of other forums people participate in gives insight into their interests. I participate in a Hot Tub forum, a Sears tractor forum, an RV/travel trailer forum, an automotive social forum and an automotive repair forum. I'm retired and spend way too much time on the computer. I was an IT guy and it is in my blood. How about you ??

A certain Ham Radio forum (or two, I run my own for a local club) and a certain Kawasaki motorcycle forum... and occasionally Fark.com

Hey there Waterbug.I guess I like old Gravelys since I have 12 or 13 ,I'II have to go re-count.So I'm on 3 Gravely forms.Also on some nursery(plants,not crum snatchers) forms.But I spend most of my time on craigslist looking for love,just joking...
Do you own a pellet stove?

Nothing whatever to do with pellets...so I'm gonna slide this thread on over into The Inglenook, where we chat about pretty much anything/everything except religion and politics. Waterbug, you should get an email notification shortly about the Moderator action taken. I think that in The Inglenook, your question will get more diverse exposure to our membership, as well. Post on! Rick

im a car nut. im a member of the corral and stangnet for my fox body mustangs. llightningrodder for my lightning and just joined a forum for srt8 jeeps cause im looking to get one of them. i have a car addiction.

I spend why to much time on line. Many gardens forums, a couple fig tree forums, troy bilt tiller forum, wine making, and anything else I can find that floats my boat.

Yeah I go on there once in a while. I have a 4th gen TDI Jetta on coilovers

Charlie500e said:
Vwvortex / carlounge sucks a lot of my time

Tinboats, antique outboard, bushcraft, couple wilderness and homesteading ones, a couple Harley ones.More readin' than writin'. Not as much lately, can't get on at work since the job change, hafta do it on my own time now, kinda limits me.

ATV forum (moderator there, but it's pretty much dead -- partly I think because one guy was always posting racist and inflamatory remarks)

State snowmobile forum

County ATV forum (very dead)

State geocaching forum

---

This is by far the most interesting, lively and well . . . best . . . forum of the bunch.

You mean there are other forums???? OMG I had no idea!! I use all my words up here anyways so it doesn't matter..

Ray

- oldhouseweb.com
- occasionally on heatinghelp.com(when I was having troouble with my steam boiler)
- 4 different RC airplane forums (& lurk on a few others)
- a couple of audio forums
- I read theoildrum but rarely ever post

frequent:
oldhouseweb.com (old houses)
arboristsite.com (chainsaws)
flu.org, fiatspider.com, mirafiori.com (all Fiat sites)
ramforumz.com (Dodge Rams)
crvownersclub.com (Honda CRV)
mytractorforum.com (tractors / mowers)

and sometimes visit
mikenchelle.com (teardrops and tiny travel trailers)
tractorbynet.com (another tractor forum)

By by a landslide I spend wayyy more time here, just so you don't think I have absolutely NO life...

Ive tried other forums, but none have been as responsive and as helpful as this one.

Usually i join other forums to search for help on car repair etc. I have found on those forums if you post a question, answers are few and far between. This is by far the most active and helpful i have been a part of.

this one and
Vintagesleds.com and
the Facebook Tubular lantern collector forum

fespo said:
I spend why to much time on line. Many gardens forums, a couple fig tree forums, troy bilt tiller forum, wine making, and anything else I can find that floats my boat.

How many fig tree forums are there?

I have a fig tree, but I never knew there was even one forum....... ;-)

woodchip said:
fespo said:

How many fig tree forums are there?

I have a fig tree, but I never knew there was even one forum....... ;-)
never knew a thing like that could have enough volume to be worthwhile. Makes me want to start a Black Walnut forum.

I have never posted in another forum...I never knew such a thing existed until I found this site....
This site has helped my "shopping" problem.....if I wasn't here I would be spending $$$ on some of my fav sites..... :smirk:
Like Mr Gamma used to say...."Here comes the daily drop off from UPS!" :lol: 4 closets later full of clothes and accessories... :shut:

I post in a few forums during the summer months. Couple of fishing forums and a weekly fish report for a group on local water conditions. But I spend most of my time here!

A couple of recumbent bike forums, a couple of hunting forums and in my spare time I try to come here once in a while.

Roadglide.org in the summer and hearth.com in the winter.
Makes a nice balance. Burn wood in the winter and rubber in the summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.