Do you wash your car or truck in the winter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wash my car. To quote a good friend- I have a hammer, and I don't wash that either. My wife occasionally gets sick of looking at it and washes it, and if I bring it in for service, they wash it- but otherwise it would never get washed. 100k on it now, and not a sign of rust.

Put me in the- keep oil where it belongs camp. Likewise, when people tell me they must keep adding oil or power steering fluid- it drives me a bit nuts.

Probably shouldn't mention how I have to add oil to the Honda Accord about every 2 -3 weeks then, huh? ;) I should add that it is closing in on 200,000 miles (199,245 or something like that as of this morning) and I don't see any leaks or notice a huge plume of oil laden clouds floating out from the exhaust . . . so I haven't worried too much about it.

We have likely the saltiest conditions anywhere.

I never wash our vehicles, summer or winter.

I do however get them Rust Checked once a year. Oldest is a 2006 Civic with 395,000 kms on it. No rust yet.

How do you do that in Bangor in the winter? Do you have hot water running to a hose bib? We haven't had a day above freezing here in over a month.
Pretty much. I have to run the hose through the basement door to an interior spigot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.