1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Doc who saved my daughter's life was on TV!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Badfish740, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

The other day my wife and I were eating breakfast and lil' Badfish was running around the house (can't believe she's going to be 15 months) and there was a story about conjoined twins who were successfully separated at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The surgeon who led the team that separated the twin girls (who will live a fully normal life) was the same woman who fixed lil' Badfish's right lung when she was just six weeks old! Glad she is getting some recognition for the truly amazing work she does-God's work through her hands:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/12/21/once-conjoined-twins-make-debut-after-surgery/
    Beer Belly, jharkin, BrianK and 5 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    You mean they'll live TWO fully normal lives. ;) Actually, I doubt these girls' lives will ever be fully "normal", as they are now rock stars and will be followed by at least a few folks forever, I s'pose. Amazing stuff...I am overflowing with respect, admiration, and awe of Dr. Hedrick and other miracle-workers like her. And I'm so pleased that li'l Badfish continues to do so well. I remember quite clearly what you shared with us about the scary times early on with her. Rick
    PapaDave and ScotO like this.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I know these incredible surgeons are just well-trained mortals here on this planet, but to me they are miracle workers. I'm really glad to hear that your daughter continues to do well.
    BrianK, woodgeek and ScotO like this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

That's an awesome story, Badfish! We, too, had a guardian angel of a doctor who saved my son's life. He was born 3 months premature, weighed only 1lb 10oz, and was pretty much doomed from the start. But Dr. Chan (at Conemaugh Regional in Johnstown PA) wasn't about to let that happen. That hospital has an awesome NICU, and he was one awesome doctor. Anyway, our son had his ups and downs in that hospital, coming to a head with a collapsed lung. Dr. Chan's team saved his life, and now he's a mouthy 15yr old teenager, thanks to those miracle workers doing Gods work here on earth.....

Thanks for sharing that link!
    Beer Belly, jharkin, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  5. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    This really puts things in perspective, I've been a wreck because my cat was sick. I can't begin to imagine my daughter having major medical problems. It makes me think of the parents in Newtown, I can't even begin to comprehend what they are going through. We can disagree what the true meaning of Christmas is, but we can agree that love is what matters.
    Beer Belly likes this.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Agreed, Jack. Well said.
  7. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Delaware, Ohio
    I remember you telling us about you little girl when she was born. I'm so glad to hear that she is doing so well! It is amazing what doctors are able to do today. Absolutely amazing.

-SF
    ScotO likes this.