Dodges Agway, Hampton Falls, NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
Well, my partner at work went there this morning to get his order in for the cold weather. The good news is they think the price for Cubex will be around $275 a ton. The bad news is they no longer carry Okies (? !!!!). They will be selling Eagles instead. So, BTU, where can I get my Okies?

Jay, can you bump your mni review for me?

Chan

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that I had gone to H&H previously and they wanted $299 a ton for the Okanagans. I should have asked where I can find Okies for a reasonable price :) I will double check with them again on the price...but I will say that they are not as nice to deal with as Agway.

Chan

sorry to here that they will not be carrying okies, i got loaded up will 4 tons from Dodge's in late april, price was $249 a ton. At that time H and H was $299 and not niceat all to deal with. I would buy the qubes from Dodges before i would buy anything from H and H. Delivery charges from Dodge's were awesome also, $50 for delivery to Rollinsford NH.

I've committed to buying the Okanagans from Home and Hearth for this year, but I'm curious....

Are the Cubex and Eagles about the same quality? Also, are there usually lots of changes in products these retail store supply? I was a little puzzled not to see Rocky Mountain pellets at H&H this year. ("Rockies" are, I think, a very good pellet, based on having tried a few bags last year.)

nhfury, I'm with you. I will get three tons of Cubex before I buy a ton of Okies from H&H. I heard today that Agway may be out of Okies but hopefully will get a load in. I'm going to stop by on Wednesday and get the scoop first hand. I will let you know. I haven't heard anyone who has used the Eagles...Too warm to try a bag, but I'll try a bag or two in the Fall.

Chan

Just a side note here, I have been talking with BTU about possibly carrying the Okies. If we do end up bringing them on, We will be selling them for $290ish per ton. Any less than that and it just isn’t worth running the forklift. Now, customer service and H&H is another thing that I cannot speak on. That is an intangible that has its own value to each customer. I'm just saying that if their landed cost is close to what mine is, their retail doesn’t seem too far out of line.

I bumped into a guy who used to work at my plant. He now works for Home and Hearth. I asked him about the Okies and he said now thought the price had dropped to $269 a ton. I will check with them tomorrow.....I will probably still get the Cubex...

Thanks Jay for the bump....I didn't see any Eagles. Have you heard of them?

Chan

CWR said:
I bumped into a guy who used to work at my plant. He now works for Home and Hearth. I asked him about the Okies and he said now thought the price had dropped to $269 a ton. I will check with them tomorrow.....I will probably still get the Cubex...

Thanks Jay for the bump....I didn't see any Eagles. Have you heard of them?

Chan

Eagles=No haven't heard of them. Eagle Valley=yes. American Eagle=yes(same as the Juniata's I tested) Made by Energex.

Eagle Valley are very close to Okies and Dragon Mountain from what I heard. Would need more info on what exactly there getting. Maybe a picture of the bag too?

Prices are a bit higher up there, Chan. Sounds like a pick em between the Okies at $269 and the Cubex at $275.

If H and H has dropped to 269, that may not be bad for Okies right now. Spruce Pointe are selling at 265/ton in Berwick, ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.