DOE investing $5 million for wood stove R&D!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

John Ackerly

Burning Hunk
Hi all - the DOE announced their latest round of grants, and it includes $5 million for stove makers, who could be established wood heater manufacturers, back yard tinkerers, university departments, etc. Minimum grant in $1 million and max is $2.5 million. The R&D needs to involve genuine innovation, not just small changes in existing technology. Manufacturers will have easier time competing for the money and back years tinkerers face a bit of an uphill battle. But the DOE really likes seeing partnerships, so if you have a great idea, and can get a manufacturer to work with on it, it has a much better chance.

Timeline is tight as you have to submit a short concept paper by April 30! More details here:

Reactions: toddnic
Timeline is tight as you have to submit a short concept paper by April 30!
well, the clock is ticking... let's get on it!

Boy that's great--somebody might get it from here--Yes---saying prayers...Do your best forum friends...clancey.

If it's wood stove: Relaxation and Drinking, I'm all in.,.

Reactions: PA Mountain Man
What is your address stoveliker, I will drink and relax with you so ( shure wearing a face mask LOL) the new innovations will come,

See my profile.... The stove is cold (and so is the basement) though, as it's warm enough for the minisplit.

I'm getting ahead though so I can burn more (longer) next year...