Does a freaking ghost mess with my stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beetle-Kill said:
Nate- face it , you have a ghost. If you can get them to do the dishes, and leave the stove alone, you're golden. :cheese:

Do the dishes? I've got a poltergeist. She throws the dishes at my head.

No, wait... that's my wife. :shut:

north of 60 said:
There is no way that bypass damper handle can flip open vertical 180 DEG and lift that heavy bypass plate by itself. No way unless you had an explosion in the fire box. Oh by the way did I say no way.

When my bypass damper handle is vertical, the damper plate is horizontal = open. So when the damper plate is vertical = closed, it only takes a little push and gravity does the rest - it can fall open easily if not very tight.

Sounds like BK is the opposite (damper plate is horizontal = closed)? If so, then no way the damper plate could fall "up" into open position unless you had an explosion in the fire box, a ghost in the fire box, or an exploding ghost in the fire box.

Who ya gonna call?

BK stoves are perfect. No way they can misbehave. Load. Set the stat. Go away.

Pray.

PS: If you believe that I have six acres of swamp on the front of the place to sell ya as a sure fire resort investment.

BrotherBart said:
BK stoves are perfect. No way they can misbehave. Load. Set the stat. Go away.

Pray.

PS: If you believe that I have six acres of swamp on the front of the place to sell ya as a sure fire resort investment.

What the heck does this have to do with the bypass orientation. The mechanical layout of the by-pass plate makes it so it will not lift up and open by itself. Look at the mechanical drawing of the by-pass layout in their manual on the web or go play with your draft control lever or something.

http://www.blazeking.com/wood-princess.html

pg. 28 in manual

branchburner, your stove isn't the same as mine then.

Bypass open is the lever point toward the front of the stove and close it points to the back of the stove.

BUT anyway it was my roomate.

Not exactly happy since I had told him not to mess with it, and then he has the nerve to lie right to my face.

I have a funny feeling the dog tags are his doing as well. I have had dogs for many years and only once lost a tag and it was on a chincy metal ring that had come apart.

We stopped praying the day we moved 450 lbs of cast iron out of our living room. Load it all the way up every time, set the stat, go away.

Sounds like you had quite the day NATE. Have an Alaskan Amber with some smoked salmon and call her a day. Tomorrow's another one.

SolarAndWood said:
We stopped praying the day we moved 450 lbs of cast iron out of our living room. Load it all the way up every time, set the stat, go away.

Amen

NATE379 said:
branchburner, your stove isn't the same as mine then.

Bypass open is the lever point toward the front of the stove and close it points to the back of the stove.

BUT anyway it was my roomate.

Not exactly happy since I had told him not to mess with it, and then he has the nerve to lie right to my face.

I have a funny feeling the dog tags are his doing as well. I have had dogs for many years and only once lost a tag and it was on a chincy metal ring that had come apart.

You can't just leave us hanging Nate . . . enquiring minds want to know . . . how did you finally figure that he was messing with the stove . . . and did he say why he was fiddling with it . . . and is he still your roommate?

Well told him to not touch the stove on Friday. I was home off and on all weekend and no problem. Come home from work this morning... Bypass not latched down (just flipped) and T Stat off a bit from where I set it.
The kid is 22-23 yrs old and apparently I have to babysit him. Maybe I should take his car for a joy ride, see how he likes that?!

Has no idea how the stove works...and not knowing WTF is going on could burn down my HOUSE... oh... and he is burning up the wood like it's candy too... so that is more of my hard earned $$ going away...

I had enough wood in it for the night, didn't need to feed it anymore.

NOT HAPPY!

Sounds like he thinks that he has to see lots of flames in the firebox in order to get heat from the stove.

Time for some serious re-education or removal from the home to me. Can't go running that beautiful stove full tilt with bypass open - what a waste of wood and who knows how much abuse it can take that way. I imagine that the BK is built well, but...

Going to get to the point where I will re-educate with my size 11 boot!

I don't like telling someone something twice. "Don't touch the stove" made it pretty darn clear the first time around I thought.

man kick him out before its to late.

Status
Not open for further replies.