Does Acutron 2 or 3 replace base Acutron in CCI/Dansons CCGB1?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zigzag

Dec 28, 2012
Hello.

I have fried the Acutron control board on my CCI/Dansons CCGB1. It is a base level Acutron - not Acutron 2 or 3, just Acutron. I don't have a thermostat or an ignitor. I can't find the base level Acutron on the internet, only the Acutron 2 and 3. My question is whether either of those will work as a replacement for my control board. Are the wire harnesses compatible, or is there an adapter? Will the new control board operate without the thermostat and ingitor?

1228120650b.jpg1228120650c.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Could someone post a picture of the back of their acutron 2 or 3 board so I can see the wire harness receptacle? Or maybe just describe it to me. If the wire harness is 9 pin, square with 3 ribs on one side I'll go ahead and buy one and hope for the best. $275 for a control board is better than $3000 for a new stove.

Thanks!

Just to confirm: Acutron IV does indeed replace the original Acutron control board. The wire harness fit, the boltholes aligned, and everything is operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.