1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Does Acutron 2 or 3 replace base Acutron in CCI/Dansons CCGB1?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by zigzag, Dec 28, 2012.

1. zigzag

zigzag New Member

Hello.

I have fried the Acutron control board on my CCI/Dansons CCGB1. It is a base level Acutron - not Acutron 2 or 3, just Acutron. I don't have a thermostat or an ignitor. I can't find the base level Acutron on the internet, only the Acutron 2 and 3. My question is whether either of those will work as a replacement for my control board. Are the wire harnesses compatible, or is there an adapter? Will the new control board operate without the thermostat and ingitor?

1228120650b.jpg 1228120650c.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. zigzag

zigzag New Member

Could someone post a picture of the back of their acutron 2 or 3 board so I can see the wire harness receptacle? Or maybe just describe it to me. If the wire harness is 9 pin, square with 3 ribs on one side I'll go ahead and buy one and hope for the best. $275 for a control board is better than $3000 for a new stove.

Thanks!
  3. pell it

pell it Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Rhode Island
  4. zigzag

zigzag New Member

Just to confirm: Acutron IV does indeed replace the original Acutron control board. The wire harness fit, the boltholes aligned, and everything is operational.