Does anybody know if the NWS is calling for snow today?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
Didn't want you east coasters to feel left out. We had about 12" on the ground when this storm started Friday nite. In about 36 hours we got 24-30" of snow.
The forcast only called for 12-16 by this afternoon. When the wind fetch off the lake sets up just right this is lake effect at it's finest.I excpect we'll have about 4 ' when it's said and done. Nice thing is this snow is really light and fluffy so even if we get alot more snow it won't pile up so fast because it will compact. This is a pretty normal snow event here.

1-3-10snow005.jpg

Pushin about 5' of snow here.

1-3-10snow003.gif

Just for reference this pile of wood is about 7.5 feet high.

1-3-10snow007.jpg

That's a lot of snow! Nice pics.

We have about a 10-12 of new snow, my truck that I plow with went to the garage on Jan 2. Broke out the John Deere 826 snowblower (30 years old) 2 hours later our driveway(550 feet long) was done.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.