Does anyone have info on a Waterford Reginald 101? (looks like a Jotul 602)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waivej

Jul 19, 2008
Windsor, CT
www.waiveris.com
Hi,

I have a free Waterford Reginald 101 and would love to install it. My father bought it new and has good things to say. It's identical in dimensions to a Jotul 602 which can't be bad...?

However, my insurance company requires a wood stove to be UL listed (or similar). And the building inspector would prefer if we had installation instructions.

So does anyone have a manual or any advice? I'm ready to buy something new if I need to, but it would be nice to use what we have. Waterford-Stanley wouldn't provide support for older stoves.

Thanks,
-John

These were nice little stoves, but if it doesn't have a UL tag on back you may not be able use it. Maybe Tom at the www.chimneysweeponline.com has a manual with more info?

Hi Chris,

Thank you... We'll check with the insurance company to see if they'll approve the stove. They just said that it had to meet code and be UL listed. I don't know what sort of proof they need.

-John

waivej said:
Hi,

I have a free Waterford Reginald 101 and would love to install it. My father bought it new and has good things to say. It's identical in dimensions to a Jotul 602 which can't be bad...?

However, my insurance company requires a wood stove to be UL listed (or similar). And the building inspector would prefer if we had installation instructions.

So does anyone have a manual or any advice? I'm ready to buy something new if I need to, but it would be nice to use what we have. Waterford-Stanley wouldn't provide support for older stoves.

Thanks,
-John

I'm looking for a Reginald 101 - any clues as to where to find one?

Strange - I just had this post reported - it was the first post in the thread, and has been up for quite a while - I can't see anything in either the post or the report that makes me think anything needs to be done about it, so unless I hear further, I won't...

I suspect that magepotter hit the wrong button...

Please folks, only report posts if they have something really seriously wrong with them - i.e. Spam, offensive language, possibly in the wrong subforum area and needs moving, etc...

Gooserider

magepotter just reported a post written by waivej in:
Hearth.com Forum

The reason(s) for the report:
Other

Additional notes from magepotter:
I am looking for a Reginald 101 - were you able to use yours - or is it up
for grabs?

The post can be found at:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/20247/

Contents of reported post:
Hi,

I have a free Waterford Reginald 101 and would love to install it. My
father bought it new and has good things to say. It's identical in
dimensions to a Jotul 602 which can't be bad...?

However, my insurance company requires a wood stove to be UL listed (or
similar). And the building inspector would prefer if we had installation
instructions.

So does anyone have a manual or any advice? I'm ready to buy something new
if I need to, but it would be nice to use what we have. Waterford-Stanley
wouldn't provide support for older stoves.

Thanks,
-John

magepotter said:
I'm looking for a Reginald 101 - any clues as to where to find one?

Craigslist and eBay for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.