Does anyone have the PE blower attactment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudos

Aug 11, 2009
Central Alberta
Just wondering, I just installed one, (right from PE) not the knock off blower. I do have it installed properly on my Super 27 super step top , the problem is on the auto setting it won't kick in for about 2.0 hrs, even though the stack temp is above 500 and the stove top is over 500 as well.

I though these things were suppose to kick in fairly quickly as soon as the stove is hot enough.

Cheers

Thats not right (compared to mine) check that the sensor is installed correctly, I think it covers it in the installation instructions.

Yup I've checked it twice, the snap switch sensor is making good contact with the stove. It also does not go off when it should ( i think) it stays on well after there is no coals left.

Maybe the sensor is bad, I think some other people had that problem, maybe they will chime in later.

Mine takes about 20 to 30 minutes to come on. 2 hrs seems like a long time. If it is brand new, I'd be tempted to return it and get a new one, rather than play with it too much.

Thanks guys, just talked to a PE tech and he is sending me a new sensor right away. He said it shouldn't take that long, he thought it should kick in around 125 degrees, if the new sensor doesn't fix it then I need to return it to my local dlr.

Cheers

Cudos said:
Thanks guys, just talked to a PE tech and he is sending me a new sensor right away. He said it shouldn't take that long, he thought it should kick in around 125 degrees, if the new sensor doesn't fix it then I need to return it to my local dlr.

Cheers

Mine takes maybe 1/2 hr. from a cold start and it is new.. I wonder if you have too much ash in the back bottom of your stove insulating the t-stat from the heat..

Ray

I don't think it is ash. I leave a lot in there and the fan still comes on in about 30 minutes. The irregular shut off is a good hint that this is a failing snap disk.

BeGreen said:
I don't think it is ash. I leave a lot in there and the fan still comes on in about 30 minutes. The irregular shut off is a good hint that this is a failing snap disk.

Mine does cycle on and off until it is up to temp and tends to do that when it cooling down as well otherwise it runs for many hrs.

Ray

30 minutes tops and my blower has kicked on. It sounds like your snap disk isn't working correctly or they put the wrong one on it originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.