does anyone know anything about this saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andybaker

Feeling the Heat
Oct 31, 2008
Northwest OH
i was just given a husqvarna 350 with a 20" bar. is this a decent saw, good enough to use a backup?

I agree with North of 60...... it could be your main small wood saw.

Junk saw at its best. I recycle junk saws for people out of the goodness of my heart so if you send it to me I'll dispose of it for you.

:)

I've got a 450 which I believe is pretty much the same saw just a little newer. It's my only saw and it's never let me down. I use it to cut about 3.5 cords of hardwood a year and find the power to weight ratio allows me to do everything from dropping a tree, trimming the branches and bucking it up without wearing me out after hours of use. The saw is rock solid as far as dependability goes. I've had it for over 2 years and it's always started right up after a few pulls and runs great without any fuss.

This is the saw I've run for the past number of years . . . wife bought it for me as a Christmas gift one year . . . for the past three years or so I figure I cut up about 5-6 cords of wood . . . before that I just used it to cut down dead wood around the house. Very reliable saw . . . a bit cold blooded. I'm reaching the point now where I would like another saw with just a few more ccs of power . . . but this one is still a keeper and going strong.

i found one in the garbage about 3 yrs ago and put a new plug in it, and re-tapped the holes for the muffler and the saw has been running great for me ever since. the only thing better than free wood is a free saw!! i run it with an 18" bar and it runs fine.

This is great news. My other saws are a small McCulloch with a 16" bar and a Homelite with an 18" bar that I haven't used yet, it's getting a tune up. My dad just found the Homelite at a garage sale for $5, it seems a bit larger and heavier than the Husqvarna. The other saw I had been using was just called Pro and it came from Bailey's, I think Stihl makes it. So I was wondering what saw I should use as a main one since the Pro is at my dad's house and I don't want to have to run over there everytime I need it. Have any of you tried those fast cutting chians from Bailey's? Do those things cut fast or what!

I have one I rebuilt, (piston was fried). It is quite a nice saw.
The weak points are:
Intake manifold clamp, you should replace it as it is prone to air leaks. (I used a hose clamp)
Cylinder to crankcase screws loosen causing air leaks.

f3cbboy said:
i found one in the garbage about 3 yrs ago and put a new plug in it, and re-tapped the holes for the muffler and the saw has been running great for me ever since. the only thing better than free wood is a free saw!! i run it with an 18" bar and it runs fine.

f3cbboy- Have to disagree. Free cut and split wood is better. The you don't even need a saw!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.