Does anyone know when Lowe's or HD run there 198.00 a ton sale?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on right now at HD in Maine.

Tractor supply in Cedar Springs has Propellets for 175.00 this week. I may have to grab another ton of them to add to my stash for that price.

Pro Pellets at $175!!!! I would get 10 ton :)

Thats an awesome price for a great pellet

I bought my last 2 tons for 185 per. They go for 175-195 all year long here.

Wood fiber inc crap in Menards in Big rapids for 175 a ton also.

I only burned a few bags of pros last year since I only burned half a season. I ran a ton of Indeck and 3/4 or so ton of somerset.

I guess its cheaper when your close to the source. I can get Easy Heats for $175 all day here. But they are sub par.

Thats a great price.

They buy a lot of the chips from the saw mill next to my parents house.

When am I going to see my Somersets at Lowes for $209 or even $219 ?

doggy

No Somersets up here at all last year. Would love to see them again and stock up at 209. Wishful thinking I think

Just wondering if anyone know when HD or Lowe's run the 198.00 a ton sale it seems to be 209.00 a ton but haven't seen it any cheaper anywhere else?
I cannot understand the mentality of people who buy stuff based upon the absolute lowest price, which in most cases is only a very small percentage. You people must be the same ones waiting in line for 45 minutes to buy gas to save a quarter or waiting in line for three hours at Best Buy to get that new computer on tax free weekend.

It may make sense to save .20 a bag if you were buying 1500 tons but if you were getting that volume you could buy direct from the mill and cut out the middle man.

Somersets 3.49/bag Menards Findlay Ohio, had 4 tons delivered:)

Well if they have free delivery, I'm In for 10 ! ! !

Just called my Menards (Ontario/Mansfield) and Somersets are also $3.49 a bag or $174.50/ton. Until Sept 24th....

Might have to make a trip this weekend! ;)

I cannot understand the mentality of people who buy stuff based upon the absolute lowest price, which in most cases is only a very small percentage. You people must be the same ones waiting in line for 45 minutes to buy gas to save a quarter or waiting in line for three hours at Best Buy to get that new computer on tax free weekend.

It may make sense to save .20 a bag if you were buying 1500 tons but if you were getting that volume you could buy direct from the mill and cut out the middle man.

I only watch to get a decent deal. Lowes tried to sell me a ton at 6 bucks a bag a couple weeks ago when other places sell decent pellets around 225.00. I buy mainly for a supplemental heat source in an outage and so keep the strips from running so much. Of course nothing is better than hanging out in the basement when its nice and warm too.

It is also challenging. I guess its like deer hunting and fishing stories?

oO(As I snuck around the corner of the aisle I spotted them a whole herd so I cautiously looked for that sign or tag trying not to alert them to my presence and I couldn't believe my eyes so I jumped on one and drug it home... I might not have food in my belly but boy will it be warm)?

Lowes in Nashua NH had Green Supremes and Maines Choice for $209. The sign outside said $219, but just ask for the $209. As luck would have it I got a $30 Lowes Coupon Friday in the mail. :) They also had Green Teams for $260. That price is not justifiable against the Green Supremes for $209 IMHO.

WHen deciding on a heat source i compared coal at $80 a ton and pellets at $200. Since coal has 150% more Btus per Lb it would take $300 worth of pellets to equal the heat of $80 in coal. It was a no brainer. Now that coal is $200 a ton, not so much. When coal gets to $300 a ton they will be equal and i may be lookin at my first pellet stove.

I heated w/coal for a few years. Way too dirty. I switched to pellets to avoid alimony and child support payments
WHen deciding on a heat source i compared coal at $80 a ton and pellets at $200. Since coal has 150% more Btus per Lb it would take $300 worth of pellets to equal the heat of $80 in coal. It was a no brainer. Now that coal is $200 a ton, not so much. When coal gets to $300 a ton they will be equal and i may be lookin at my first pellet stove.

I used to heat with coal, but it was way too dirty. It was much cheaper to switch to pellets since if I stuck with coal I would have had to make alimony and child support payments. Is that you daughter in your avatar? She is a beautiful kid! Enjoy those years, we just moved our baby girl to college 2 weeks ago :(

Sexypro
That kid is 16 now and is just as pretty.looks like mom. THe coal in not dirty for me as its a hot water boiler in a seperate furnace room. I rigged an underground self feed pipe from the back of the house where the coal is stored(hidden) in a bin. Most visitors have no idea i heat with coal just that the house is 76 all winter.
I do the shoulder seasons with a harman TL-300 wood stove in a finished basement. Mostly for fun(and Heat).

SexyPro, I love it!! An SXIPro is actually a standup up racing jetski manufactured by Kawasali in the late 90s and ealrly 00s. Freestyle jetskiing is my hobby and on the JetSki forums, SXIPro was my username and I kept it when I came on this forum. But, hey, I am not gonna argue if someone calls me sexy. :)

Just wondering if anyone know when HD or Lowe's run the 198.00 a ton sale it seems to be 209.00 a ton but haven't seen it any cheaper anywhere else?
I just bought 6 tons at $209 from HD in Merrimack, NH. In past years they are as cheap as they're going to be in the beginning of the season and go up a little as the year goes on. This year it's Fireside Ultra, last year was Maine Woods. I learned last year that I could get 12 months no interest by getting a HD card, makes it very convenient. If you do use their card, read the fine print and don't ever miss a payment or you'll be sorry!!.

I remember riding those ski's that was the real thing. Of course I only weighed about 75lbs so I just climbed on and went while others had to pull themselves along to get enough speed to get on. I seemed to get more enjoyment out of the old style than the newer ones. I do like being able to ride with two people though. They each have their place.

Does anyone make a pellet boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.