Does anyone make a very small/narrow wood burning insert meant for an indoor grill?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ADDvanced

Dec 1, 2016
Milwaukee
My house is from 1958 and it has this goofy vertical indoor grilling type thing in on area. It has a damper like a fireplace, it's all masonry and whatnot, but it's taller than it is wide. Does anybody make anything like that? It's very narrow, don't have measurements atm but I'm guessing 18-24"? Height is probably 24-36 somewhere.

Nope

I see tall and narrow log burners on Escape to the Country from the UK. Very different dimensions from what I see marketed here. Don't know if I've seen that small.

My house is from 1958 and it has this goofy vertical indoor grilling type thing in on area. It has a damper like a fireplace, it's all masonry and whatnot, but it's taller than it is wide. Does anybody make anything like that? It's very narrow, don't have measurements atm but I'm guessing 18-24"? Height is probably 24-36 somewhere.
I'm trying to picture grilling vertically.

X6ojFWR.jpg

Pardon the exercise equipment in the way.

Not sure what the rest of the wall looks like but I'd seal off that thing and use for wood storage and start over somewhere next to it.

Rest of the wall is blank masonry; on the other side of the wall, that blank spot is the main fireplace w my insert.

ukSMvyC.jpg
Photo is right above and to the right of the black rectangle, and right beneath/to the right of the big red circle.

Wonder if a small narrow freestander could be inserted in there? Hard to tell though without full measurements.

We have a customer who found a freestander that fit in a similar location. It was a cheap box store stove I think by us stove works. But it was the only thing that fit. You will have to look at european style freestanding stoves. No insert will work

Reactions: SpaceBus
Maybe one of the tall narrow Morso or Jotul stoves could work.