Does anyone out there have an HS Tarm with a Buderus Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

defield

Nov 21, 2008
South Central Maine
I am fairly long time pellet forum member.

First post on this site.

Has anyone had experience with an HS Tarm wood boiler running in parallel with a Buderus G115WS Boiler.

Have had the Tarm for 20 + years in parallel with an American Standard A-3 boiler and it has been a very good setup. The units have separate flues and are about 20 feet apart.

The A-3 is 39 years old and needs to be replaced. Hope the Tarm will work as well with a Buderus boiler.

Thanks,

Ranger

the old ranger said:
I am fairly long time pellet forum member.

First post on this site.

Has anyone had experience with an HS Tarm wood boiler running in parallel with a Buderus G115WS Boiler.

Have had the Tarm for 20 + years in parallel with an American Standard A-3 boiler and it has been a very good setup. The units have separate flues and are about 20 feet apart.

The A-3 is 39 years old and needs to be replaced. Hope the Tarm will work as well with a Buderus boiler.

Thanks,

Ranger

Welcome to the "real wood" side of the world... :coolsmirk: I would be really surprised if the Tarm didn't work just as well with the Buderus as it does with your current boiler - Presumably it will just be a "drop in" replacement that is plumbed like the old unit, in which case the Tarm shouldn't even notice that there was a change...

When you have independent systems like that, all each part of the system really knows is that there's a hot water supply and a cold water return... Long as it gets the appropriate supply and return when your thermostat calls, it has no way of knowing what is making the water hot.

Gooserider

Gooserider,

Thanks very much for the welcome and the information.

The Buderus is tentatively scheduled for a mid-December install.

Will post pictures.

Ranger

I have a Tarm with a Weil McLain currently with a brand new Buderus sitting next to it getting ready to drop in place. I'm only doing some very minor plumbing changes but it will be a direct swap for the most part

I am adding the Intellicon 3250 controller to the Buderus that I did not have on the older boiler.

right now I am dry fitting all the parts so when I do the swap I should have everything I need (ha, in a perfect world I know, but I hope to be close)

Shooting for next weekend.

I don't have a Tarm, but I do have a PB 105 pellet boiler with a Buderus as a back up. They work well together.

I have that exact setup, a Tarm Solo 40 and a Buderus G115/5 boiler and can report that all is well and I'm very happy with both. The are plumbed in parallel with the manifold.

I have a Tarm Solo 40 with Buderus oil boiler set up side by side. Parallel. Everything works fine. NO storage... hoping to have it soon. I use about 250 gallons of oil per year. Burn 5-6 cord. Have 2000 sq ft drafty log cabin... with large cathedral ceiling. Keep house at 70 -72 all winter. 5 people in house.. .lots of hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.