Does anyone power sweep their pellet liners? See video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

The button lock rods are quicker and easier! The liner looks like brand new when finished!

See video

What something like this cost? Can it make sharp turns? Looks real impressive.
The rods are very flexible and the optional brush with the spring maybe able to take sharp turns. The caddy adds approx $100 more dollars to the the approx $110 price of a set of rods and brush.

I use a linteater and a power drill.

Reactions: Jake86
I use a linteater and a power drill.
Same here.
When I disconnect the pipe I immediately put a garbage bag over the pipe opening and secure the bag to the pipe.
I then poke a small hole in bag to allow the lint-eater to get through.
As the lint-eater works its way up the dust ash goes directly into the garbage bag, Easier than putting a sheet covering front of stove and vacuuming a pretty big mess later.

My linteater came with at attachment that caps the pipe and provides a place to hookup a vacuum so you can suck up the mess as is happens.

My linteater came with at attachment that caps the pipe and provides a place to hookup a vacuum so you can suck up the mess as is happens.

Picture?? And where did you get it?

Interesting.. ive never seen it at lowes and i live there :-/

Guardus makes the lint eater and the soot eater. The soot eater comes with a 3" and 4" brush. The lint eater is made for dryers. They cost about the same on Amazon. I wonder if the guys above are saying they use the lint buster really have the soot buster? Which is it?

I use exactly what I linked.

Not my video but this is what I do. Works great. Bought a furnco fitting to fit the pipe and duct taped it to the bottom of a cheap black and decker leaf blower/vac

Amazon has the soot eater showing 2 brushes 3 and 4 inch. Comes with other attachments as well.

The parts list on their site says 2 brushes as well.. huh but yet in rhe video they say trim it :-/ either way seems a fair price on amazon

Hi
Finally got mine in!

Does anyone know what that hook and chain in pic 3 below is for?
Hanging the case up?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Hi
Finally got mine in!

Does anyone know what that hook and chain in pic 3 below is for?

Wild guess... maybe to hang it while working off a ladder? Or hang it from a chimney if you you work from the top?

Reactions: Don2222
I use the Soot Eater Brush Kind, not the wire whips like the video. Purchased from Lowes. It came with 3 flexible rods, connects to electric drill.

First I remove the Harman ash pan, take the shop vac and blow out the ash. I then reverse the shop vack through the combustion opening so its vacuuming. Then I take off the termination cap outside, and straight, down through a 90, all the way to the t-cap. This grabs any ash that falls down. This is done 2-3 times. Then I brush out the combustion part. Lastly, I blow out the ash one more time. Pipe is very clean, never had to take anything apart besides the termination cap. Best purchase I've made.

Nice, perhaps it's to prevent the case from rolling around in the back of your truck?

Nice, perhaps it's to prevent the case from rolling around in the back of your truck?
Yes but it was made to hook on a ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.