Does CL most of the time...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iod0816

Jan 4, 2010
Someplace in WMass
Suck? Since I'v started this scrounging method of finding wood, I've found that people are just a tad nuts in what they ask for in trade for wood... This guy is a step to adding your child as something he thinks is value equal. What is wrong with people?

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bar/2146554301.html

Several large oaks were taken down due to closeness to house. Currently I have two stacks of firewood, each approx 1/2 cord mostly unsplit and 14-18" length. Also available, are the two main trunks of the tree (about 40-50 foot each and about 2+ foot diameter) that are not cut into logs.

This was cut down in Oct/Nov 2010 and is high quality wood, not rotten old stuff.

Willing to trade for a Gravely tractor (2 wheel style), wire welder, small portable gas welder/tanks, cash, gold, 17-18 foot boat, .....

Also interested in having large trees cut into 1x6 boards for fencing - willing to split boards 50/50 in exchange.

around here free firewood ads are almost nonexistant. I think I saw 5 ads for free wood on my local craigslist in 2010, and I check it everyday. I was unable to make it to all of them, however I still managed to pull home 5 truckloads of good hardwood off craigslist.

Well, if you were a sawyer, considering there would be about 1250 bft in a log, they could be worth some money, if you didn't end up putting it into new saw blades.

He thinks they are gold, but in the right hands, they might be.

Matt

chinkapin_oak said:
around here free firewood ads are almost nonexistant. I think I saw 5 ads for free wood on my local craigslist in 2010, and I check it everyday. I was unable to make it to all of them, however I still managed to pull home 5 truckloads of good hardwood off craigslist.

I dont check but every other day now,but I did score 3 loads large 2'-3'rounds of Silver Maple last June & 2 loads of Black Walnut (all unsplit & the biggest pieces 14"-19" diameter & 2'-3' ft long,just 3 blocks from home) in mid September. Only seen 3-4 free listings since mid- November.What they did have was either small branches,1/2 rotten crap or other nonsense.Once a month a guy about 1 hour west of me posts an ad for 'free firewood,80 acres of mostly oak,dead trees that need cleaned up - back up & cut,I'll clean up brush blah blah..." Sounds like a good deal,but I'm still behind working my parents timber & for 2 other people right now.

I agree that its either 'feast or famine',after any major summer thunderstorm or winter snow/ice then you see wood people want removed all over town....

As soon as the heating season ends and the weather gets nice, you will see a bunch of ads. It is usually pretty good until late summer.

Some folks just do not have a clue...

i will trade him an 18 ft boat :cheese:

temporaryinsanityII.gif

Cate said:
loon said:

You just have to wonder... with that big, wide open lake, how on earth did they hit that post!

Beer was involved.

Or a topless lady on the front deck!

SolarAndWood said:
As soon as the heating season ends and the weather gets nice, you will see a bunch of ads. It is usually pretty good until late summer.
just like buying a motorcycle in the first months of summer no good deals gotta wait till the off season.

iodonnell said:
Suck? Since I'v started this scrounging method of finding wood, I've found that people are just a tad nuts in what they ask for in trade for wood... This guy is a step to adding your child as something he thinks is value equal. What is wrong with people?

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bar/2146554301.html

Several large oaks were taken down due to closeness to house. Currently I have two stacks of firewood, each approx 1/2 cord mostly unsplit and 14-18" length. Also available, are the two main trunks of the tree (about 40-50 foot each and about 2+ foot diameter) that are not cut into logs.

This was cut down in Oct/Nov 2010 and is high quality wood, not rotten old stuff.

Willing to trade for a Gravely tractor (2 wheel style), wire welder, small portable gas welder/tanks, cash, gold, 17-18 foot boat, .....

Also interested in having large trees cut into 1x6 boards for fencing - willing to split boards 50/50 in exchange.

Nice trunk I would go 50/50 but my 50 percent would be 2 inch thick out of the hartwood!

Cate said:
loon said:

You just have to wonder... with that big, wide open lake, how on earth did they hit that post!

Look at the name on the boat ( Temporary Insanity II )

Wow my wood lot must be worth a fortune. I guess I better start burning propane and sell the trees. Might be worth a lot if viner quality but I don't think there big enough for that.

Cate said:
loon said:

Red Right Returning.

loon said:
i get a kick out of they actually tied it up ;-P

loon

They probably just ran after a buffer to try and take that scratch out.

No worries,its just a flesh wound.

Is CL sucking now? This is prime season. I have to believe the tide has turned for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.