Does damper setting and air wassh go hand in hand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg48154

Oct 21, 2008
Southeast MI
When my burner is in the start up stage (countryflame crossfire cf-04) the glass has no residue on it at all. As soon as the stove gets up to temp and the fans, blowers kick on, the glass gets a light haze up on the top with in 10 min. If I have my damper open more, will that cause more air to go through the air wash on my glass? Or is the air wash set at a certain amount of air? I have checked the gasket on the door and seems fine, gets cleaned every other day, and do a very detailed clean every weekend. This is the third winter with my burner. Thanks for the help...... Greg

Hi Greg. As far as I know the air wash air is supplied by the combustion fan. That is controlled by either fan speed or damper or both. I would say that it has a direct impact on your air wash. I know it does on mine.

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.