Does double walled pipe need furnace cement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StanP

Feb 4, 2008
SW CT
Hello,

I finally got my stove installed. 16 feet of duravent double walled pipe and 6 feet of chimney. I started it up after installation and burned it all night without even a whiff of smoke. The draft is great!

My question is should I seal the seams with furnace cement to be 100% sure I never have any leakage? Or should I leave it as is with just the 3 screws holding it together on each seam. Also, should I put in a support someplace in the middle to take some of the pressure off the 2 connections?

thanks

Stan

No joint cement needed for this system. Normally there is no support for the interior run either. Can you post a picture of the installation just to be sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.