Does Harman Mark III have versatility?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alley

Feb 19, 2010
East TN
I have retired the old wood burner and in my search for a replacement, I found an incredible buy on used Magnafire Mark III (of course, I have to go and get it!) How versatile might this unit be for burning wood-maybe half the time- with no modifications or perhaps, minimal modifications? If anyone has wisdom/past experience with the ability to control air on a Harman, please share it with me. Thank you so much.

The Mark III is a coal stove by design. Lots of guys burn wood in them, but smoke rolling out of the loading door is a common complaint.

You may be able to solve the smoke issue with a draft inducer. I can't imagine you need a lot of heat in TN... just make sure you clean the chimney often and don't burn when it is warmer to avoid chimney fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.