Does the QuadraFire Castille Insert Qualify for 2009 Tax credit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyF

Oct 7, 2008
Maine
I hear that qualifying pellet stoves /inserts are eligible for a $300 tax credit if placed in service after 1/1/2009.

Is that correct; and does the Castille meet the 75% efficiency limit needed to qualify? I can't tell from reading the manual.

The only Quad pellet units that list efficiency are the Mt Vernon AE. I was tasked at our shop to find out if they other units could qualify. Maybe I will have time next week to figure it out.

DannyF said:
I hear that qualifying pellet stoves /inserts are eligible for a $300 tax credit if placed in service after 1/1/2009.

Is that correct; and does the Castille meet the 75% efficiency limit needed to qualify? I can't tell from reading the manual.

Given when this stove will be available, I will have the option of taking delivery the last week of 2008 or 1st week of 2009. Is this rebate effective for 2008 as well?

A tea credit for ones installed after January 1 2009 not prior??? Are we not all burning pellets instead of oil therefore we all should be entitled!! I have not seen or heard this prior to reading this post so maybe all info is not clear??

Status
Not open for further replies.