Does This Chimney Look Clean?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JotulOwner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2007
Long Island, New York
I just ran a poly brush through the chimney and it never looks really clean to me. You can see the thimble opening in the lower part of the picture where I clean using a bronze BBQ brush and it looks nice and clean. The rest looks like it could be better. The brush isn't that old and never used on a warm chimney. I also turn the brush as I go so I don't see why it doesn't do a better job. Am I being too critical about how clean is clean?

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af188/surfnet7/009.jpg

looks good to me, a wire brush would do what you are wanting.

I think that looks pretty darn clean, compared to the shot my husband took of our flex liner before we swept it (unfortunately we have no after shot) but the creosote seemed to coat ours in a texture of little bumps and I don't see any of that in yours.

Looks cleaner than my liners have looked since they came off the pallets.

Status
Not open for further replies.