Does this end cap look right to you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatherof2

Aug 12, 2014
Massachusetts
Hi Gang,

So I have been smelling some exhaust in the room, so I did the flashlight test to see if I could find some smoke.

I could see some coming out from the end cap on the T that connects to the back of my stove.

Look at this design. It appears to be made to allow smoke out. There are 4 gaps just like the one in the picture on each side of this cap.

What is the deal here?

Thanks for any input!

9999_zpslbziviog.jpg

I agree that silicone will fix it, but it looks like it was designed to let exhaust out.

Why?[/QUOT]
Maybe poor design engineers. My Duravent has an inner and outer cap. It still leaks and has to be taped.

When you twist it to lock it that pretty much seals it. Those indentions allow you to slip it on the pipe to lock it. Still need silicone or silicone tape just like all of the pipe joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.