Does this happen everywhere?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like around -20F (with WC) is the magic number for cancellations in the schools that I work in and around. That matches what I remember from my school days, but I graduated from HS just over 15 years ago, not 100 years like some of youz guyz

Careful there Danno, respect your elders (class of 1991) ==c

I'd be lost without their life experience here ;)

The only time they cancelled school for us was when the horse hooves started freezing to the ground.

I remember the one time the boiler went down when I was in elementary school. We sat in our coats until they figured out what to do. Then the buses came and took us to another school where we all packed into other classrooms.

I walked 7 miles up hill to and from school with no shoes during the ice age.

Reactions: tfdchief
I went to school from Kindergarden to my senior year in the same school building . . . granted it had three wings for the elementary, junior high and high school . . . but it was all in the same building. ;)

Careful there Danno, respect your elders (class of 1991) ==c

I'd be lost without their life experience here ;)
Class of 91?......Holy crap, I graduated from college in 1970. I must be one of those "I'd be lost without their life experience here ;)" people you are talking about. And you are assuming we actually learned something from those "life experiences" ;lol

Reactions: amateur cutter
Status
Not open for further replies.