Does this support box look familiar?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kurt Huber

Jul 11, 2023
Southeast Minnesota
I’m having a nightmare trying to figure out how to install my used chimney.
In good shape.
Most parts are labeled Simpson Duravent.
Trying to add to and install this. Here is a look at the bottom of the support box. Does this look common? Am I missing a piece to install duravent dvl . The class A on the upper side has a weird connection as well.
I can’t seem to get the connection right at the support box and can’t afford all new pipe!
Any help is much apreciated

8494D223-0981-40FD-82D3-4D3E8C4B2ADF.jpeg 6A3D7B01-C0E1-4D90-9C12-5F31C7B1D812.png F05CCF97-0F73-4B61-9312-31B55DAA2AA0.png

That’s a modified Selkirk/super-vent support box. Your pipe is also compromised, you shouldn’t be able to see any insulation. Best to just start over at this point. The 2 parts can’t be combined even if they were in good condition.

Reactions: begreen