Does wood season quicker in winter, since it’s dry? Weird...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH ... didn't realized you were the OP. OK then someone cover me I going in for another recon of the OP.

EDIT OK I'm back...guess back in the day I quit reading after the 2nd page...got too complicated. No...not that's is a bad thing, it's me. My fault.

Water freezing inside the wood expands the cells and allows the moisture to escape more quickly.
^probably why I can only hand split winter wood with my torn rotator cuff...wouldn't try that in the summer. Ruin my golf game for weeks...

Battenkiller said:
Iceman, the RH in your area right now is 78% and the dewpoint is 16ºF. Temperature is 21º with calm winds. If it drops just 5 more degrees, the RH will be 100%.

In those conditions, if Rockey brings his bucket of ice over to your house, it won't dry...er... I mean sublimate until hell freezes over.

so you are telling me its does not dry in the winter??
all this time i have been waiting for hell to freeze over??

Rockey said:
Ok its official... this thread is now just about as exciting as watching a bucket of water dry (in the wintertime).

how bout you bring the bucket.. i got the water... we can put beer in it while we are waiting..... (and you bring the lady from your previous post)
and we will have fun in the wintertime.. !

iceman said:
Battenkiller said:
Iceman, the RH in your area right now is 78% and the dewpoint is 16ºF. Temperature is 21º with calm winds. If it drops just 5 more degrees, the RH will be 100%.

In those conditions, if Rockey brings his bucket of ice over to your house, it won't dry...er... I mean sublimate until hell freezes over.

so you are telling me its does not dry in the winter??
all this time i have been waiting for hell to freeze over??

No, I'm telling you that no matter how low the dewpoint goes, it won't dry much at 78% RH. I'll bet the RH dropped considerably during the hottest part of the day today, though. However, I didn't check it so I don't know.

Hey, can I join you guys for the beer?

iceman said:
Rockey said:
Ok its official... this thread is now just about as exciting as watching a bucket of water dry (in the wintertime).

how bout you bring the bucket.. i got the water... we can put beer in it while we are waiting..... (and you bring the lady from your previous post)

I got the first round of Sam Adams.

Rockey said:
iceman said:
Rockey said:

I got the first round of Sam Adams.

listen i love sams.. if you are coming with the bucket... i will have a couple of kegs and food ... i have driven to toledo a couple of times ... so i will handle it ...just dont forget the "company":) lol

hey batten!! hell ya you can come!!! i am not youg so can't kill a keg anymore... but the 3 of us prolly could!!

Status
Not open for further replies.