Does working on your stove while its under warrenty void warrenty?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My owners manual says if you don't do a complete stove cleaning per there manual it will void the warranty. So to do a complete cleaning I need to take a lot of the stove apart, if I drop a steel plate and break a sensor, it would be on my tab. Actually I don't worry about it, I would just buy the part and install it.

I'm not sure if working on your own stove is supposed to void the warranty, but when my warranty auger motor came in, my dealer called me & asked if I was going to put it in myself or if I wanted them to do it. I did it myself, as when I have had them out, there have been problems, & i didn't want to wait another month. I don't think my dealer has time to do warranty work.

I am to far from the dealer for service,we have a agreement that I would do the labor should there be a issue and he would provide the parts.He did say if I got in a bind and was unable to repair it he would be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.