Does your pellet stove start every single time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy H, I had the exact same problem you are describing on a Breckwell P22 unit that i had installed by some clown. After many days of calling the dealer, they finally sent one guy back to troubleshoot. After hours of trial and error, i suggested to remove it off the wall and to check if it was leveled. It turned out that it wasnt and that was causing the stove to not fire properly and for smoke to backfire into my home. you should look to make sure that your stove is leveled. Get an leveler and sit it on to and see if you are plum.

Andy H said:
I learned quick that if it doesn't start you have to empty the pot or it will just overflow when you go to start it again and you'll end up with a ton of smoke in the stove and then it will make a loud POOF and finally light but once it didn't light and smoked like crazy and filled the house with smoke, we are just finally getting the smell out of the place.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but maybe? Any ideas? It just makes me nervous because sometimes I'll get up early and turn the thing on and then go back to bed.

btw- the stove is a Forester 5824 but it seems like i'm pretty much the only one in the world that has this thing because I cant find any info on it. Even when i called for another issue the service guy didn't know anything about the stove and was pretty much just reading the manual with me while I waited.

Andy, I bought this same stove and I won't light at all. I run thru 2 or more ignitor cycles and then check the burn pot. It's warm to the touch but certainly not hot enough to start pellets on fire. The end of the ignitor is about 1/2" away from the burn pot. The side control panel up/down button does not change the lights. So don't know that ignitor is working properly.

Any suggestions?

chrisasst said:
My stove does this. I wait about 5-8 minutes, if it is not lit ny then, I put some starting gel on the pellets and light it. It takes right off then..Last year I was using a torch to light them, the gel much easier...

Are you ever going to remove that dead link from your sig?

Enrique said:
Andy H said:
I learned quick that if it doesn't start you have to empty the pot or it will just overflow when you go to start it again and you'll end up with a ton of smoke in the stove and then it will make a loud POOF and finally light but once it didn't light and smoked like crazy and filled the house with smoke, we are just finally getting the smell out of the place.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but maybe? Any ideas? It just makes me nervous because sometimes I'll get up early and turn the thing on and then go back to bed.

btw- the stove is a Forester 5824 but it seems like i'm pretty much the only one in the world that has this thing because I cant find any info on it. Even when i called for another issue the service guy didn't know anything about the stove and was pretty much just reading the manual with me while I waited.

Andy, I bought this same stove and I won't light at all. I run thru 2 or more ignitor cycles and then check the burn pot. It's warm to the touch but certainly not hot enough to start pellets on fire. The end of the ignitor is about 1/2" away from the burn pot. The side control panel up/down button does not change the lights. So don't know that ignitor is working properly.

Any suggestions?

1/2" is too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.