doing a overhaul/inspection of my enviro venice insert...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

par0thead151

Feeling the Heat
Jul 26, 2009
south eastern wisconsin
I did my yearly inspection of my stove and after replacing the baffles and cleaning it out i noticed that the bricks have some chips in them. at what point does one replace the bricks? can they be reversed so the clean flush side is facing the logs?

the more important question is regarding the glass on my stove. it is not a flush tight fit on the upper left corner. it seems like it could do with a few more screws added to hold it in place. is it normal for wood stoves to have a little play in the glass against the bracket that holds it in place?
thanks

So i am looking at an enviro 1700 too, how happy are you with the stove? does it throw the heat? hows the burn times? thanks

pharmsaler said:
So i am looking at an enviro 1700 too, how happy are you with the stove? does it throw the heat? hows the burn times? thanks

this will be the third season i have had mine and so far i love it.
it is supposed to heat a 1900 sq foot house, but it keeps up with heating my 3000 SQ ft open concept home fairly well. my utility bills are 10% of what they were pre the stove. how well insulated your home is will play a huge role in how well it heats as well.

it puts out good heat, and i would say it gets 6 hours of optimal heat output. again that depends on wood quality and dryness.
if it rattles with the blower running try tweaking the screws that mount it. if they are too loose or too tight they will rattle as the stove gets up to temp. i wish i had figured that out the first season as the manufacturer didnt know that and i had to find out on my own...
other than that, just have a stockpile of wood to feed it and you will be pleased.

I don't recall ever hearing a bad word about the 1700 series. Folks love them. Nice looking units too.

This will be my third season burning with the 1700 and the only problem I've had is the rattling when it's warming up. I have found it's sweet spots where I need to tighten or tweak. It does put out some heat I have 1700 sqft ranch and it more than enough on the coldest days. A lot of stove for the money in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.