Doing better than I thought.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
With work having me away allot I was heading to the woods with my bike and trailer as often as possible this spring. Was hoping to have cut 5 cords but looks like I have over 6.

Shed holds a little less than 5 and she is half full.

Still have well over half my pile left to split and stack yet. Thankfully the salmon run is late so I got a little time.

Reactions: jaychino415
How does that splitter work?

It's a King 5 ton electric. Does the job on most stuff. I do have some big ugly Birch that I had to get started with a rip down the center with my saw but it holds it's own.

That Summit is gonna eat well.

what kind of wood is that? very nice and uniform looking
3/4 of it is bone dry Spruce and Juniper. Remainder is green Birch that I managed to scrounge. None of my wood cost me any more than the gas to go get it. Saved me over $500 bones by cutting my own, not including the electrical savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.