Dollar bill test failed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead

Jan 18, 2013
Williamson, GA
As topic says- no joy in the dollar bill test (Kozy Z42). I haven't had any problems but was just curious while the stove was cool. The failure is more towards the center where the doors meet. It takes very little tug to remove the bill- other parts seem to be more snug. I've tried to adjust the door but any more adjustment and I won't be able to latch it fully. I tried keeping the current setting and applying pressure on the doors but the snugness didn't seem to improve. What are my other options- possible new/thicker gasket (current gasket is still in great shape)? When I close the air intake on a roaring fire at times I can almost snuff out the fire but I was curious if this might be contributing to my shorter burn times- just a thought

When I have had stove doors seal properly in some places and not in others, and tightening the latch doesn't completely fix the problem, I'll mark on the door where the light spots are, regasket the door and in the light spots, compress the gasket a little bit more to make up the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.