Dolmar 5100 not running well

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
Dolmar 5100 not running well at full throttle. Was running well then the next day it strated bogging down at high rpms. Could it be the fuel filter. I've never changed it.

Thanks
paul

Fuel filter, air filter, crud in carb, fuel line collapsing,air leak in fuel line, pin hole leak in carb diaphragm, spark plug, wrong fuel mix. can't think of anything else at present

blades said:
Fuel filter, air filter, crud in carb, fuel line collapsing,air leak in fuel line, pin hole leak in carb diaphragm, spark plug, wrong fuel mix. can't think of anything else at present

Restricted exhaust?

+1 on csaw and hitten steel and also check clean air filter. May be nothing but in milling you can blow a saw up with a dirty filter.

Wood Fox said:
Dolmar 5100 not running well at full throttle. Was running well then the next day it strated bogging down at high rpms. Could it be the fuel filter. I've never changed it.

Thanks
paul
Does this at high RPMs regardless of having load on the saw, right? If so, I concur with previous posts. If only with load then could be bigger problems.

sounds like a good time to replace fuel lines and filter (gonna have to do it eventually, anyway). Also, while you are digging into the thing, then you might as well do a muffler mod, lol.

So I will start with the fuel filter and lines 1st. The air filter is clean. It is bogging regardless of load.

Don't run it until you get things sorted out......could be sucking air at a number of places and creating a lean mixture.

HittinSteel said:
Don't run it until you get things sorted out......could be sucking air at a number of places and creating a lean mixture.
yes, and just to add some emphasis on what you are saying--->lean with 2-cycle means LESS OIL where it's needed since the oil is mixed with the gas. Pretty basic info, but important none-the-less.

In this case lean should not be an issue...lol its falling on its face.

Replaqce fuel filter running great now . Thanks

Paul

Wood Fox said:

Paul

Sweeet Fix and cheep!

Check to see if it has a spark arresting muffler. The screen needs to be kept clean or it will soon fall on its face again. If there is no fire risk leave it out, Randy

Wood Fox said:

Paul
Good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.