Dolmar and Briggs and Stratton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CSAW

Sep 6, 2010
Fl
As seen in another thread I just bought a Dolmar. While shopping two of the three dealers offered up that they had just started carrying Dolmar. They both told me that the parts will be or are being distributed by Briggs and Stratton and that any B&S dealer could order parts. Forgot to ask if the saws were distributed by B&S as well. I've heard the Makita affiliation.

Anyone else heard this or ordered anything from a B&S dealer? No I don't need anything, just wondering.

Thanks

Have not heard anything about the B&S tie-up, but have started to see Dolmar showing up at several ACE Hardware stores.

Would not have high service expectations, but should be a great place to order parts.

That's good to hear. Our local Ace is a Stihl dealer and does do service work also. Maybe he can get Dolmar stuff too.

Labor Unions: Helping ship jobs over-seas for over 100 years. what's your point? we know the German saws are better.

I'm wondering if the major saw manufacturers were surprised when Chinese companies started knocking off their saws, down to the color scheme?

Several have been outsourcing parts there for a long time. The Chinese entrepreneurs didn't take too long to figure out how to put the parts together and sell a cheap saw.

These first saws now hitting e-bay may be total garbage (or not), but that is what GM/Ford/Chrysler execs thought about Toyota/Honda/Datsun cars in the 1960s... I am thinking that maybe this generation of Chinese knockoffs might not be too good. However, 5, maybe 10 years down the road, they might be pretty close in the key quality metrics. Then what?

Danno77 said:
Labor Unions: Helping ship jobs over-seas for over 100 years. what's your point? we know the German saws are better.

Thats exactly my point. I guess I could of used the words Labour Law supporting country if you are so Anti.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.