Domestic water heating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldfords4ever

Oct 31, 2011
Central, PA
I am new to the forum but not new to heating systems.

I have a forced hot air wood/coal furnace, I have two coils for in it. I want the install a side arm in to the system to heat my domestic water. I have one main problem with doing this is I have no way to control the water temp coming out of the furnace. I know I will need a mixing value, circulator pump and other misc parts.

What do I need to do to get this system working?

Thank you,

Welcome aboard.

Plenty here that can help you with that but I can't. Have you typed "Sidearm" into the search yet?

So you are trying to make hot water off of the output of your forced air furnace? I guess my first thought is that you may have a hard time depending on how your furnace is set up, since the air coming out of it I would think is not going to be as hot as you would want your domestic hot water. (I wouldnt want 140 degree air coming out of the registers I dont think).

Do you know the discharge air temp of your furnace?

Status
Not open for further replies.