Don`t buy a wood stove or insert in April-too much anticipation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
That`s what I did and here I am hardly being able to wait till winter to give the new beast some serious trials. Now, believe me when you are in your early sixties, just how many more summers are there gonna be for you to enjoy? I mean, it is like wasting your life away-specially when I hate winter anyway :)

So, don`t do it.. Get you wood first and then get your stove or insert in the fall----and enjoy the summer :-/ while it lasts.

Good advice sonny...wood first...

...no fan of winter either.

The stove dealers are always really busy in the fall and they have higher prices. Get your wood in the spring and your stove in the summer.

Sonny, your just a kid. Keep moving, exercising and carrying that wood and you'll be putting in a new stove again.
Don't forget to enjoy the rest of the summer.

British columbia! winter will be hard and fast there Sounds like you have your weapons in place!

I'm prepared, but I'm in absolutely no hurry to see summer come to an end. Rick

fossil said:
I'm prepared, but I'm in absolutely no hurry to see summer come to an end. Rick
I fill the same way i would like to save everthing for next season

I'm good.

The Pacific is at the dealers warehouse, so I was told. The FP is just about refinshed (yes, I have pics, going for 1 thread on the whole shebang
Pep049.gif
).

I figure I'm installed by the beginning of September, still time to make the first burns with the windows ( oh wait...that room is getting new windows, this is gonna be a piece of cake
trinken030.gif
!!!!)

I've been "one with my wood" lately (in my spare time) I didn't have any end posts, but boy, did I have cement blocks :lol: I'll get some pics.

I do find myself planning my stacking. Bring the wheel barrow back to the "split pile" and load her up for the next stacking
uma03.gif
, and I'm picking my pieces based on how best to get it stacked
hum.gif

I bought my stove in march before the panic to buy began.I had decided in early jan 08 to buy one by spring with a good tax refund to help out.At the time i got my stove i had about a cord cut and stacked for use in my fireplace.I cut another cord in april from my woods and recently added one more cord that i bought.So now i have 3 cords ready to burn and starting to get more wood for a second year.PS!My favorite seasons are spring and fall!Summer can be too hot and muggy which i dont care for and winter is ok as long as i have some snow to enjoy.

A couple of years ago I was planning to buy a new stove to replace the old one in a year or so. I never thought I would be glad that a seam on the firebox in the old one busted in November and sent me on the fast track to replace in December, we don't have any other heat, of that same year but now I am. I would hate to be in the wood stove market right now.

When I got the new stove everybody here was asking "What the hell is an Englander 30?". :lol:

yEAH, i GUESS i never really thought about it but it wil be interesting come winter while driving down the road seeing more chimney smoke that usual

I hear ya! I went thru that the first Fall after I installed my Avalon, waiting to let 'er rip... then again last year when I bought a cord of crispy-dry Eucalyptus, first hardwood I'd burned in 18 years (since moving West). Was like a kid before Christmas, waiting to see what that stuff would do. (Answer: it does goooooood!)

We bought our new stove in March. New chimney is supposed to be installed soon. I'm building the hearth pad.

We are not in a big rush, plenty of time for everything. I've had 5 cord seasoning since spring

Considering price increases and shortages, I'm glad we bought in March. Oh, I'm in my early 60's too so I plan to build up a couple of years wood supply.

Ken

My dad just got his regency I2400 wood insert in June and he cant wait to try it out.He loves to burn wood!been using a fireplace in the basement rec room for many years now.When i bought my wood insert in march!it wasn't long before i convinced him to get one too.He seems to think I'm the expert with there new wood stoves but I'm not!.When it comes to burn time i will be there to help him with the first fire!Maybe we will order Chinese or pizza and some wine to celebrate.Dad is in his late 70s and still loves to cut and split wood.He has upgraded to a gas log splitter to make life alittle easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.