DONE buying wood stoves!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb51b

Feeling the Heat
Dec 24, 2007
Birmingham AL
I have been updating and updating (and slowly updating) the stoves at my parents house as funds would allow. Today I decided I am completely done with it. I bought a BK princess ultra off of craigslist while I was in Michigan. So, now I just have one more install to make and the stove "situation" will be DONE. This one will reside upstairs in the place of the stove pictured. I am going to have to put the 6" liner BACK in because the chase is lined with 8" metalbestos triple wall. Only question i have is: whats the proper way to connect the 6" flex liner with the 6" double wall that will run up into the 8"? I will have a telescoping piece so I can go as high into the 8" as I need. I will be insulating the flex liner with ceramic fiber blanket, probably will use 1/2" to make it easy to slide in. Just for info the chimney I am lining is 18ft tall and completely enclosed in an interior chase (with the exception of the top 18" or so)..

Attachments

• stove2.jpg
    stove2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 179
Congrats on the Princess, it's a great stove. You should be able to buy an adapter for the end of that flex liner and that should slide into your double wall pipe. Use screws to attach and maybe some furnace cement for a good tight seal.

You really need that much stove in Alabama???!!!! Not arguing, just saying.

He'll be fine with that stove, long 24 hour low clean burns will be a great fit for that climate.

How much stove? A 2.6CF firebox? Yeah, I guess so. Its replacing a MUCH larger, and less efficient stove. It will be heating about 2800ft. Strange how people get the idea that these stoves must be HUGE because they have the ability to burn a long time, I guess it just seems bigger when your only reading about it. :p

Yes they do. It's harder to heat with the stove lying on its side.

Isn't the show "axe men" focused in part on your area of the country? They act as tho those guys are the cream of the crop, eh who knows!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.