Done c/s/s for this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
Just another year for most I guess, but for me, a big accomplishment. First, I "ain't" getting any younger. Second, as most all know, I destroyed 3 vertebrae on last June. Well, it took me a lot longer, and some help from my son, but I am done until next winter. Stacked the last of this winter's work today.
I am sure not DENNIS and couldn't be anyway because I don't have much room. But here is my 8 cords, ready for winters to come.
2012 Done edit.jpg 2012 Done 2 edit.jpg2012 Done 3 edit.jpg 2012 Done 4 edit.jpg2012 Done 5 edit.jpg 2012 Done 6 edit.jpg;)

Very nice Chief, Im glad you are doing well and up to the job. Now enjoy the rest of your summer, you are surely set for next winter.

Reactions: tfdchief
Good job! You should be proud of yourself with all you've been through since tearing up your back!

Sore & all; I bet it feels good to be able to get out & do some work on the wood pile.
Mighty nice neat stacks there,
Now sit around & enjoy the view :)

Sore & all; I bet it feels good to be able to get out & do some work on the wood pile.
Mighty nice neat stacks there,
Now sit around & enjoy the view :)

I agrree! That should make your back feel better!

It does;ex Because as bogydave said, now I have to sit and look at my work:cool:

Is that 8 cords for just one winter? I don't blame you for not being far ahead if you need 8 cords every winter.

Is that 8 cords for just one winter? I don't blame you for not being far ahead if you need 8 cords every winter.
No sorry, didn't mean to imply that. I only c/s/s about 2 or 3 cords this winter. The pictures, 8 cords, is my entire stash. I burn about 3 each winter, less this last winter. I will be burning some 3 year old stuff next winter.

Steve, you can be very proud of your accomplishments this year. There are few folks that could go through what you have gone through and still do what you do. Sure, you have some bad days and bad times and probably always will, but you've truly shown the grit you have. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Reactions: tfdchief and milleo
Steve, you can be very proud of your accomplishments this year. There are few folks that could go through what you have gone through and still do what you do. Sure, you have some bad days and bad times and probably always will, but you've truly shown the grit you have. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
I think maybe your are already there;ex;)Thanks Dennis.

Nice work chief! You must be very happy to have all that work done when not too long ago you didn't know if you would be able to do any work.

Nice work chief! You must be very happy to have all that work done when not too long ago you didn't know if you would be able to do any work.
Steve, I am very happy. The outcome could have been a lot different.

Them's some tight-lookin' stacks. Great work! :)

Quite a few people would have given up and stopped working. It's great to see that you are out there fighting the good fight!

Them's some tight-lookin' stacks. Great work! :)
Thanks Woody. I enjoy them 'til they get burned :ZZZ
Quite a few people would have given up and stopped working. It's great to see that you are out there fighting the good fight!
Thanks Jack, I can't stop, I would die if I did that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.