DONE! For the season...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows are open. Life is good. I should be cutting for three winters out but I can't stand to look at a piece of wood right now.

Right now, we're in a pea-sized hailstorm, and the Liberty is cranking out the heat. Ah, Spring. %-P Rick

fossil said:
Right now, we're in a pea-sized hailstorm, and the Liberty is cranking out the heat. Ah, Spring. %-P Rick

We are just getting rained on. Nothing new. You lived here. You know how that works. Cold rain. Warm rain. Humidity that feels like hot rain...

BTW: To play you for a moment. Why would a hailstorm the size of a pea be a problem? :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
...Why would a hailstorm the size of a pea be a problem? :coolsmirk:

I misspoke. We were in the middle of a billion pea-sized hailstorms. :p

I had been waiting for that one for three years. :lol:

A billion more just passed over & dumped on us. Pretty interesting. Partly cloudy, lots of blue sky to the south, sun shining, not much wind, then a big dark cloud passes that looks lke it's well north of us, but down comes all this pea-sized hail. Bouncing all over the place and starting to melt, even as it's piling up in some places. A few minutes, and it's over. Amusing. Rick

BrotherBart said:
I had been waiting for that one for three years. :lol:

:lol:

No, wait.

roll.gif

laughing-smiley-008.gif

I have a small fire going this evening, low's tonight in the low 40's. figure its cheaper to fire up the stove to take the chill off than to run the NG furnace

fossil said:
A billion more just passed over & dumped on us. Pretty interesting. Partly cloudy, lots of blue sky to the south, sun shining, not much wind, then a big dark cloud passes that looks lke it's well north of us, but down comes all this pea-sized hail. Bouncing all over the place and starting to melt, even as it's piling up in some places. A few minutes, and it's over. Amusing. Rick

Rick, you have to "youtube" the hail storm in Oklahoma. Some kids took a video of their pool as it got hit by a storm of baseball sized hail. Absolutely incredible! Seems like you live in a pretty cool place, although "high desert" pretty much explains it....

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
...Rick, you have to "youtube" the hail storm in Oklahoma. Some kids took a video of their pool as it got hit by a storm of baseball sized hail. Absolutely incredible! Seems like you live in a pretty cool place, although "high desert" pretty much explains it....

Yeah, I've seen video of hail like that...scary stuff. The biggest I've ever actually been in was in Virginia a few years back, it came down about the diameter of nickels. One chunk was big enough to leave a small dent in the hood of my Jeep. I'll stick with the little bouncing peas. :) Rick

In Texas when a big hailstone landed in my glove while I was playing first base it was a hint for me to find shelter. That was in high school. Later in our first house one came through the living room window glass and turned my thoughts to finding the car and homeowner's policies right quick.

Only seen hail here in VA three times and each time it preceded the tornado by a few seconds. The hail damage was nothing compared to what the twisters did to the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.