Done with the T6 just Bought an Englander 30-NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Well I just bought an Englander off of Home Depot's website for $649 .........Figured I might as well get rid of this junky PE product and move on up with the big boys like BB.
Ok, Ok, I am just joking I did buy and Englander but it is for my Dad and not me :lol: Had you guys going didn't I!

After seeing the T6 perform this winter he was pretty impressed and decided to give the Englander a try ( I am looking forward to playing with it like a kid on Christmas morning :) ). We took all the measurements today and we are going to replace his oldest Dutchwest (which needs and overhaul in his opinion and the junk yard in mine) and slide the 30 into the fireplace. Seeing as I have never done this before I will probably be back for some advice this spring when we start working on it.

Be interesting to see what he (and you) think of the 30 and how it compares to what it is replacing.

There will be a learning curve! But I think in the end he'll be happy. For 650 bucks, it's a crazy good deal.

Lots of help around here (as you know) once you actually get around to hooking it up.

pen

certified106 said:
... the big boys like BB...

POURING GASOLINE ON THE FIRE :=)

SmokeyCity said:
certified106 said:

Just to give ya something to do. Crawl through 18,000 posts and find one where I ever recommended that anybody buy one. ;-)

or find a post in 18,000 that didn't say something good about it.
That is an amazing little fact though...

touche`

I bought 2 of em based on all the positives in this forum. Not a bit sorry, and neither is anyone else except that one idiot who posted on youtube.

Keep up the good work BB... Keep on not recommending people buy em ;=)

BrotherBart said:
SmokeyCity said:
certified106 said:

Just to give ya something to do. Crawl through 18,000 posts and find one where I ever recommended that anybody buy one. ;-)

SmokeyCity said:

... touche`

Go back to 2006 when I was the first one here that bought one and it was defective.

Nes pa?

ETA: For a thousand and forty nine bucks. And a hundred and eighty more for the blower. >:-(

The fact that you never actually recommended buying one is like Bogart never actually saying "Play it again Sam"
Its a fact that no one would realize unless pointed out.

I still think Englander owes you some commissions :=)

BrotherBart said:
SmokeyCity said:

... touche`

Go back to 2006 when I was the first one here that bought one and it was defective.

Nes pa?

ETA: For a thousand and forty nine bucks. And a hundred and eighty more for the blower. >:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.