Donor Program Installation Two Complete!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley said:
Excellent job guys!!!!

Lets hear the story on the "circled" items!!!!! (BTW - I think they are in the wrong place.... unless are they sticking up a little bit because of the rear heat shield?

Also.... what's sitting there on the warming rack...... hope that nothing combustilbe!!!

Congrats again.

Have fun in Reno, Corie, and Hogz.... I still think you should have run the new plow rig down the highway :ahhh:

LOL, the circled items as you know are the mitten warmers. The rear heat shield mtg holes were in use by the inners of the stove. Rear baffle plate we are thinking.
Now no mtg holes. Rather than drill into the cast and remount the mtg tabs on back shield. I used some Neanderthal creativity and made rear shield "hangers" out of the mitten warmers LOL. Bent them to still lock into their original holes, but on and angle down and hook back up so that we could slide the rear shield upper mounting tabs over them. straightened the lower mounting tab flanges and the sucker sat almost perfect. Tweaked the rods a lil so that they stuck up at the same place on each side.
Worked out well, looks decent and didn't have to drill new holes or reconfigure back shield.

Yes thats a combustible, "oven mity" which I made know should not be left laying there :)

Would take a welder and some extra cash to put the new beast on the highway, have neither of which right now.

Missing in the post is the person who donated the stove to Corie. He happens to be one of our members

You guys ever hear of fiberglass ladders? what you guys nuts? You have to promise to cut this type of installations out

The ladder Flex wind blowing ladder shifting.

Why not come north to help an easy installation no ladders needed free Beer and a visit to Tom's Tavern afterwards

elkimmeg said:
Missing in the post is the person who donated the stove to Corie. He happens to be one of our members

You guys ever hear of fiberglass ladders? what you guys nuts? You have to promise to cut this type of installations out

The ladder Flex wind blowing ladder shifting.

Why not come north to help an easy installation no ladders needed free Beer and a visit to Tom's Tavern afterwards
I just posted a trhread that does thank Harley, whom without the stove and then the additional pc of pipe we needed, would not have been possible.
But, Harley, thanks again man!!!!!!! And BTW, anyone with the name Harley can't be all that bad :)

Elk, all we had was the alum. 32' I could get from my father. I hate fiberglass, but would have used one if available. Yes this install required some crazy or unconventional tactics. Honestly, we were as careful as we could be, prolly not enough, but given what we had to work with, it was our best try and best results thank god. I volunteered to do the roof & wire area work. Honestly I don't want to go out of my way to fry or die, but in a way I don't give a sheet either. May or may not make since to you. Not trying to be hero, or sound crazy or special, just fact that is where I stand these days. Luckily, all came out well, a few hold ups, Corie & I did what had to be done in all phases of this job and it turned out pretty damn sweet. Give any praise to Corie, hes the man that set it up, and followed through. I just gave the extra hands he needed.

Elk, when & where is the install? Kinda far, but you know me by now, always up for a challenge. PM me the details and if your really in a pinch, I can try and arrange to come up.

elkimmeg said:

Do you have a definate date for the installation? Unfortunately - it's kinda busy this time of year for me, but If I can make it work... I'm in (I'm sure a few folks won't mind going on extension :lol: )

Speaking of which... I prolly should get back to work (maybe after a beer)

Sorry Todd!

I thank you on my personal website but I didn't mention you here. You know there was no way we could have done this without you, because we wouldn't have had a stove at all! haha

We all owe you one too Harley!

I just hope those wires aren't considered combustible....

BTW Corie, I was just looking at your site, and many of the links didn't work for me - (My browser is Opera on Gentoo Linux if that matters) I would go to another page, but there wouldn't be anything on it....

Of the links at the bottom of the page -

• Home • About Us • Installations • Applicants • Donations • The Creator • Links • Starting a Fire • Aspen Rebuild Page •

Applicants, Donations, Links, and the Aspen Rebuild Page came up as blank pages....

Gooserider

I don't think he has them finished yet Goose, same thing happens with Firefox.

Hogwildz said:
I don't think he has them finished yet Goose, same thing happens with Firefox.

No problem then - it is just confusing when you have a live link to a blank page... Maybe he needs one of those "website under construction" graphics to stick on the blank pages just so people know it isn't them....

I hate the non-working stuff, that doesn't have a sign that its a known problem, because it always leaves me wondering whether to report it or not. I really don't want to be the umpteenth person to report the problem, but if I don't how do I know that the maintainer is aware of the issue - As I've had pointed out by repair folks on many occasions, "We can't fix it if we don't know it's broke!" My observation is that relatively few people report problems, so I try to go the other way, but it's still a nusiance...

In my old job, my cube was next to the copier - I remember once listening for a day and a half as people would come up, find the copier was broken, cuss and go away again... I finally called facilities to get an estimate on how much longer it would take for repairs - I was the FIRST person to report that the machine was down! (The facilities guy was down and had the machine back up in less than 30 minutes after I called!) Taught me tha value of reporting problems...

Gooserider

Yeah, I'm very slow at webpages and a LOT of the pages need to be updated. I'm so stinking busy. I really need to put some under construction pictures so people don't think I'm slacking.

Thanks though!

Also, if the wires are combustible, we still maintained a lot more than the required 2" to combustibles, so we're good either way.

Corie said:
Yeah, I'm very slow at webpages and a LOT of the pages need to be updated. I'm so stinking busy. I really need to put some under construction pictures so people don't think I'm slacking.

Thanks though!

No problem at all, I certainly can understand that you have higher priorities right now...

Also, if the wires are combustible, we still maintained a lot more than the required 2" to combustibles, so we're good either way.

OK, they looked close enough in the pictures it was hard to tell for sure!

Gooserider

Too close for comfort, but enough clearance to specs

Status
Not open for further replies.