Donor Up date

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Before GVA heads south, Harley and Keyman have asked if we can get together one more time.

Cath has the next i donor installation, a Winter warm with a full liner.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to find the time to get it done. Maybe you guys could get it done with limited time I'm there?

I still have mother in law issues seems progress is moving forward but her home has to be modified similar to being handicap accessible

Which means this weekend I will be down there installing handicap rails in the bath room and figuring out how to move the washer dryer up from the cellar
or finding room for a stackable unit. I will have to remodel a closet area and plumbing and wiring will be required.

Then somehow I have to find the time to get the Encore up to gooses;s So far I haven't found the time Round trip is 4 hours factoring loading and securing the
stove and unloading it at his home. Then probably getting it to the hearth. As each weekend passes I find my time being consumed here and now around the mother in law's health

Goose I really do not know when I can get that stove up there. ITs not like you are a couple of towns away, more like 90 miles.

Don't know what to tell you When pulling my second intrepid out for cleaning, the Encore almost made my hearth in the family room

Finally I also have to figure when I have time to install that Lopi Freedom

Elk:

Unfortunately, this weekend is a no-go for me.... Possibly next, let's see if we can get a date nailed down.

I don't know how much time I can give you especially with the move so close..
My saturdays are tied up right now with my replacement at work tearing apart machines to explain how to repair them.
Next Friday and Saturday I'll be somewhere in the Carolinas at the multitude of interviews I have setup..

GVA said:
My saturdays are tied up right now with my replacement at work tearing apart machines to explain how to repair them.
Next Friday and Saturday I'll be somewhere in the Carolinas at the multitude of interviews I have setup..

ok , well heck, pm me your planned route and i'll let you know if you will be near and i'll give you my cell # if you are in the area and arent pressed for time maybe we can set somthing up. if not maybe we can get together some other time

elkimmeg said:
Before GVA heads south, Harley and Keyman have asked if we can get together one more time.

Did you get a new or used Winterwarm from somewhere? I certainly don't read every post or thread around here.....or are you just "donating" the install and/or liner?

Cath is a board member? with an existing stove?

stoveguy2esw said:
GVA said:

ok , well heck, pm me your planned route and i'll let you know if you will be near and i'll give you my cell # if you are in the area and arent pressed for time maybe we can set somthing up. if not maybe we can get together some other time
This leg of the trip i'll be about 20,000 feet overhead. I'll be back here by Saturday night. Then I'll drive down with the Mrs a couple of weeks later..

As I've mentioned before Elk, we do have a mini-van. If I yank the seats (which we do regularly) it wouldn't be a big deal to drive down to your house and pick it up. I could do something either on a weekend, or possibly during the week as long as we can work around Mary-Anne's work schedule (it's her van) I also don't think it would be a big issue to get it into the back of the van, even if we can't use your backhoe to do it. (and I suspect we could...)

I feel quite certain that I could handle getting it out of the van - the way the front porch is set up I can do a pretty straight shot of ramping it out the back of the van and into the house. Only thing I would probably want to do is try to bolt or strap the stove onto a pallet so that we wouldn't strain the legs - definitely something I can handle as we have a bunch of pallets that would work.

I'm thinking this might be much easier on your end than trying to find the time for you to get up here.

Gooserider

Webmaster said:
elkimmeg said:

Did you get a new or used Winterwarm from somewhere? I certainly don't read every post or thread around here.....or are you just "donating" the install and/or liner?

Cath is a board member? with an existing stove?

Craig,
Yes, I am a member with a used VC Winter Warm II which you helped me post pictures of. You also helped me with posting the pictures of my house.

Here are links to both of those threads.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/8794/

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/8653/

~Cath

stoveguy2esw said:
dang , you guys get to have all the fun, 12 hours one way for me to get there. wife just glared at me , guess im sitting this out too <pout>

Mike,
Perhaps your wife could give me some pointers on perfecting that glare. Mine seems woefully ineffective. I would be especially appreciative if it worked on toddlers as well as spouses.
~Cath

Cath I have to clear a saturday to get it done do you have a tall enought ladder to reach the top of the chimney?

Goose I know this hard for you to believe,. but Most of the time I work during the week days
I 'm not all that keen loading up into the back of a passenger Van folding down seats with a backhoe Now if you have a trailer or pk truck I can place it right in there. I mean using a two wheeler and ramps is workable but trying to slide and push in a confined area over folded down seats limited height requirements, 450 lbs Is a real chore I'm beginig to believe, maybe it was not meant to happen. I suggest you look into Ebay and Craig's list to find one closer or delivered. The timing could not be worst in my life. I have to go to CT on a moment notice with my mother in law situation plus I have to work there to make it handicap accessiable.

I have read you Pm's and I can't accomidate the 2 hour windows you dictate.

Elk/Goose, keep the pick up stuff to private emails if possible.....

Yes, Cath, I remember - I was thrown off because I thought "Winterwarm" rather than "small" winterwarm......

Encore with doors and top removed is about 320 or so, still heavy...ah, how I miss my old helper, the forklift! We also had one of those little genie lifts, which do wonders for loading stuff like that.

Now I have a $200 harbor freight trailer - neat thing about that is that you don't have to lift stuff too high for on or off!

Best hopes, wishes and prayers for Elks family ongoing stuff......

Elk, Harley, GVA...
...Definately got to do another 'get-together' donor stove install...
(BTW...Nice new PIC on your avatar WEB...just saw it change)

Perhaps the weekend after next?? or is that 'no good'...???

Things have been a little hectic up here in G-Vegas lately...

...Elk I'll send you and Harley an email with my new cell phone # (had a minor 'cell phone meltdown' last week...go figure right??? The phone still works but 'bump it just right the thing goes dead/ screen turns purple...) Nice Huh???

...Anyways just keep me in the loop on what's going on with the stove install...

For whatever it's worth - My schedule for weekends this month (so far) It is subject to change, but mostly we can deal. A thought that occurs, in addition to the PM I've sent Elk, is that if we are all able to make it to Cath's for a donor install, we could also do a swap of my stove between Elk's truck and the van... (While I'd love to host another gathering there shouldn't be much to installing my stove, just put it on the hearth, hook up the "T" and it should be done...

Saturday 10/13 Busy
Sunday 10/14 Free

Saturday 10/20 Busy
Sunday 10/21 Free

Saturday 10/27 Free
Sunday 10/28 Free

Saturday 11/3 Free
Sunday 11/4 Free

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.