Don't be afraid to ask for free wood from a tree service and you might get a load like this!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That really was being a good neighbor Tony. :lol: Oh to always have good neighbors!

This story keeps getting better. The Same tree company took it upon themselves to randomly dump ANOTHER load of Oak on my property. I never even spoke with them before they dumped the new load.

Evidently I have become a dumping ground for jobs in the area. I'm running out of space now..... :-S

Can you buy the lot next door? Maybe you can stack some on top of the garage...

fire_man said:
This story keeps getting better. The Same tree company took it upon themselves to randomly dump ANOTHER load of Oak on my property. I never even spoke with them before they dumped the new load.

Evidently I have become a dumping ground for jobs in the area. I'm running out of space now..... :-S

Where in eastern MA are you? If anywhere near me I'll be glad to help take some off your hands and/or give my address to that company :)

The picture of the cotton wood rounds make me chuckle slightly :) That stuff can't be given away here. Some local mills do make pallet wood out of it. The thing is they get BIG here like 4-6 foot through in the first 10-20 feet. I dread the call on the phone "yeah got this big cotton wood I'd like removed" I mostly do not take those jobs because the customer usually can not afford the price.

Slow1 said:
fire_man said:

Where in eastern MA are you? If anywhere near me I'll be glad to help take some off your hands and/or give my address to that company :)

Can I get on that list too??? :cheese:

The golf course up the road from my house (1.5 miles) had a bunch of wood in their parking lot with a "free wood" sign a few months ago - mostly pine but a decent amount of oak - sent an email asking if they wanted it gone fast and they delivered it to my driveway the next day.
Came out to 2.5 cords of pine and just over a cord of oak (a lot of it was very ugly though)

Only half joking on the list :red: - I'm in Taunton near the Dighton border

Slow1 said:
fire_man said:

Slow1, sorry I was slow getting back - I was in Germany the last 2 weeks. I will post some amazing German wood stack pictures - some of those stacks rivaled Dennis' wood piles. I am in Northern MA near Haverhill. The tree service was Beverly Tree Service (or something like that). Funny how they came all the way to the Haverhill area from Beverly. You should find some local tree service companies (I think you are near Framingham) and start calling . I did these guys a favor letting them dump on me.

I had another tree service guy call me last winter and ask if I wanted a cheap load dumped because he needed a quick place to get rid of a grapple load ( unfortunately there was 4 feet of snow on the ground and huge snow piles so no room). He actually kept my name from a previous year when I was checking on Grapple Load prices.

I burn it.

I wouldn't pay for it and wouldn't search for it, but I've cut up many downed cottonwoods around the property. Have about a cord or so of it that will be ready to go for this winter. Sure it's not great wood, but I'd rather burn it then pay to have it hauled off.

RNLA said:
The picture of the cotton wood rounds make me chuckle slightly :) That stuff can't be given away here. Some local mills do make pallet wood out of it. The thing is they get BIG here like 4-6 foot through in the first 10-20 feet. I dread the call on the phone "yeah got this big cotton wood I'd like removed" I mostly do not take those jobs because the customer usually can not afford the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.