Don't Laugh It's a Start!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akennyd

Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
I've started on a hearth so I've offically started moving towards my install of my fireview!

IMG_02423.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Small steps....

Kenny
John 3:16

I feel ya. Just recently finished my hearth, and each step feels good. Looks like yours might be similar to mine but taller. Mine's on a 3/4 plywood foundation.

Im diggin' all those corners cut to a 45. Fancy :cheese:

On the second picture, the dog's eyes light up, as in .. Dude that looks great, is that a giant bed for me?LOL. looks great dude..

I wouldn't laugh . . . all great works of art start by stretching the canvas to a frame, a simple brush stroke or that first chisel.

I would make sure that you have enough plywood and support underneath to carry the weight of the stove . . . but I'm guessing, based on the look of this already, that you've already thought about this. Looks good.

Looking good Kenny. Double check your required R value and double check the materials to be used and you should be golden. Of course were gonna need pics of the project once its in place. :cheese:

An update after adding Wonderboard...

img0286hl.jpg

img0284dt.jpg

Another step...

Kenny
John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.