Don't Put Wood on Your Stove to Dry!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow well I suppose the cabin being in the middle of nowhere it just burned itself out ? I see it's made of stone. Hopefully they can get the building repaired and rebuilt as soon as possible

Individual burns down historic hut. Tax payers get to pay for part of the rebuild. Duh.

A commentary on VPR about the stone hut loss...
http://digital.vpr.net/post/mccallum-lost-landmark#stream/0

There were two fires locally during the cold spell last week, both suspected to be related to wood (pellet) burning. Both were total losses. No people lost, but some pets. My wife drove by this one as the first cell call was being made by someone else. The owners were distant relatives but had both passed...
MooreFarm.jpg
The pic is from the Vermont Standard (an excellent paper that still does real reporting). Hard to see, but there is no interior or backside left. This one was on the National Register of Historic buildings, also. A co-worker heard the scanner exchanges as the crew on scene was deciding to stay on the exterior while at the same time a call was coming in to dispatch from inside the house. Kudos to them for getting him out.
DSC05601.JPG

Reactions: mikey517
I know that place on Tyson Rd. My daughter lives in Woodstock, VT. We've passed that place many times. What a shame!

Reactions: Flamestead
Status
Not open for further replies.