door brackets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2011
shenandoah county
still working on installation of my first pellet stove. bought a used whitfield, 1990. Have torn it down and cleaned everything. Re-finished w stove black and finally replaced door gasket. Problem is, the door sagged and made a poor alignment for gasket. Naturally I lifted on handle side.....snap.....went the upper bolt that door pin slides into! Lower bolt also bent in downward direction. Probably both were before my "solution". So, for the past week, I've scoured hardware stores, stove distributors, parts websites, etc. Havent even seen this part listed on parts lists. I cant be the only one this happened to, somebody must sell this thing! Anyone know of a source? Greatly appreciated

Thanks imacman! Had searched this site previously with no luck. I tried again and got closer. emailed them for assistance. Thanks again

You can also take those parts to a machine or metal working shop and likely they can fabricate a set of replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.