Door Glass Cleaner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased Rutland Hearth and Grill Conditioning Glass Cleaner #84 from an online site. I received it yesterday and tried it. It worked better than using ashes or any oven cleaner I tried. It was also easier than using a razor blade.
I have been getting a lot of creosote on my glass because I don't know what I am doing yet as this is my first year.
Good luck.

I'm a fan of the rutlands too. It works great for us. We intend to keep our stove for many years, and have read some accounts that ash/water is mildly abrasive and over time people have reported a haze from microscratches. Using rutlands is the same amount of work and a very minimal cost. I use exactly one piece of paper-towel, about one tbs rutlands, less than a minute the job is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.