door seem lets light out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moondoggy

Oct 29, 2007
Long Island NY
hey all,
been burning my new VC intrepid since thanksgiving.like ~8-14 hrs a day.
i noticed the other night, up close, from the correct angle, i could see there was a pin hole of light at the top corner where the
doors meet. it is very small and i can only see it when the fire is blazing.
should this be a concern?
can i wait until end of season to redo the gasket?
i noticed when i got it (frm dealer)the rope strips looked kind of half assed with the rope endings showing/not tucked in. (maybe its supposed to be like that.)
i have tried to mush and squish the rope to cover the whole, and tried to tighten the handle.
any other ideas?... and should i worry?

ah jeez thanks.
i have been kind of worried/bummed...(and keep walking over to the stove making odd bobbing head motions constantly looking for it.)

I'd call the dealer and tell them about it, that it looked half-assed from the get-go and that there is a gap where you can see fire. Let them replace the gaskets and check the stove out thoroughly under warranty.

As Web said, probably no biggy, but if the gaskets looked bad to begin with you will be replacing them soon.

I have an older intrepid and I noticed the same thing on mine. I have never had any problems from it. Don't know if this helps.

every post helps, normal ones at least.
thanks guys, for putting my mind at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.