Doorway fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugize

Aug 26, 2006
Skowhegan,Maine
Has anyone ever noticed a difference by using the little fans you put up in a doorway to move the air around?
My stove is in the living room...the heat has to take a 90 deg turn to the kitchen and a 180 deg to go out to the entry way...which are usually noticably cooler.
Was wondering if they would help or just be a waste of money!

I use one in my basement with decent results. its a muffin fan, not a corner door fan.

Also read my sig, johnny don't like them. :lol:

Not really into little wimpy fans like those. They are small and noisy. I have two 52" ceiling fans in my house. They are faced up-side-down so they pull the air up. Really moves tha air around nicely. When they are both going, they are butt-ass silent and they blow harder than Lindsay Lohan on spring break in Tijuana. Love them.

johnnycomelately said:
Not really into little wimpy fans like those. They are small and noisy. I have two 52" ceiling fans in my house. They are faced up-side-down so they pull the air up. Really moves tha air around nicely. When they are both going, they are butt-ass silent and they blow harder than Lindsay Lohan on spring break in Tijuana. Love them.

315px-Lohan.jpg

I built two contraptions one using 3 computer fans running on 7 volts DC at the end of the hallway sitting on the floor pushing cold air toward the stove and on the ceiling in the hall 2 computer fans pushing heat down the hallway to the bedrooms. All fans together using 10.5 watts. Did try one of them corner fans at HD for 22 bucks but it was so damn noisy, took it down and took it back to the Depot for a refund.

and yes makes a difference in a good way!

Status
Not open for further replies.