Double ended crimped pipe source?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gman1001

Jan 9, 2006
Sales
I would like a bit more clearence from the wall to my Jotul 3td. Currently my stove is setup as follows.

Section 1: Top vent 4' straight up
Section 2: 90 degree elbow
Section 3: 6 in long double ended connector pipe.
Section 4: Through Wall connector to masonry chimney.

All pipe is single wall 6"

I've shopped like crazy for a double ended (Male/Male?) crimped piece of pipe that is longer than 6". Can't find any.

I was going to go to my local metal shop and ask the guys if they have a die that can work on a piece of my straight pipe. But thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

G-

Norwalk CT. Sunny 55 Degrees today. Why did I work so hard chopping all of this wood.....

Sorry G man,

I have never seen a larger piece than 6" long. I don't think it exist. Why not just add a 12" piece of regular stove pipe to you 6" (section 3)? Cheap and you do not need your fancy piece of double crimped pipe. Moreover, you can cut it too size to whatever length you need. Problem solved.

Carpniels

True true, that is a very good solution and prob. what I'll end up doing.

I was kinda wondering if there was something out there I was just .... missing...

Thanks for the help!

G -

got the crimper here and piece here What do you need? I can make any length you need with both ends crimped figure 1.25" overlap ing the crimps

gman1001 said:
I would like a bit more clearence from the wall to my Jotul 3td. Currently my stove is setup as follows.

Section 1: Top vent 4' straight up
Section 2: 90 degree elbow
Section 3: 6 in long double ended connector pipe.
Section 4: Through Wall connector to masonry chimney.

All pipe is single wall 6"

I've shopped like crazy for a double ended (Male/Male?) crimped piece of pipe that is longer than 6". Can't find any.

I was going to go to my local metal shop and ask the guys if they have a die that can work on a piece of my straight pipe. But thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

G- Norwalk CT. Sunny 55 Degrees today. Why did I work so hard chopping all of this wood.....

You can by a crimp tool at the local hardware for a few bucks
the one I have looks like a pair of vice grips with needle nose v noch jaws
I bet you could do it with needle nose pliers if you try.
Yes your local sheet metal shop will have a tool that crimps as well as make a shoulder stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.