double or triple wall through the roof?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnguy

Jan 6, 2011
middle tennessee
hi, i was thinking about some of the info in my other post, if i run double or triple wall pipe out through the tin roof once i get outside how does it go from double.triple wall back to single wall ??? what keeps the water from running back down between the walls of the pipe??? thanks

Unless money is an issue I would stick with the better pipe after you change over to double or triple wall, how much pipe will you have above the roof line?

oldspark said:
Unless money is an issue I would stick with the better pipe after you change over to double or triple wall, how much pipe will you have above the roof line?

i need about 12 -16 feet above the tin roof. thanks

Oh, I might have mis-read. On your way up, once you go to triple wall you can't go back. That means if you have triple wall in your house it needs to go all the way to the chimney cap. Single wall pipe is for going from the stove to the chimney as a connector only, it is NOT safe for outside use.

If you are going to stick with the single wall pipe (not recomended as you know from the posts in your other thread) you very well might have to have some thing made for you at a welding shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.