double wall interior pipe 8"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
i was wondering if anyone knows if different brand double wall interior pipe is compatable with other brand chimneys? like would a selkraig double wall interior be compatable with simpson double wall chimney? just curious as im looking at some used interior pipes

I didn't have any problem mating Simpson double wall to my Metalbestos ceiling adapter. But some have reported that they had to trim the thimble to make different systems work.

hmmm! well the guy im going to look at the double wall pipe said he got it from lowes. so i dont know what it is, all i know is i got simpson duravent 8" chimney into single wall black right now.

trimmed the thimble whats that?

well i bought it, i think i can make it work.. ;)

anyhow its selkrik canadian pipe.. but look how its labled as 6" weird huh?? anyone else run into this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

got a stove adapter, 2 - 45 angles, and one 24" piece

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I believe that is the mimimum clearance to combustibles, for that pipe.

Northeaster1 said:
I believe that is the mimimum clearance to combustibles, for that pipe.

DUH! boy oh boy sometimes i just dont think.. thanks! i guess that label isnt wrong, its the guy reading it! hehehe

boy do I feel like a dummy now.

Wow, that is sweet to find that used. I'm still bleeding from my double wall purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.